Finally. We have all defrosted, the trees bloomed and lawns are bursting with tulips, daffodils and other signs of Spring. I went to Florida for 2 weeks and enjoyed the Sunshine State’s gorgeous beaches and sunny skies. Naples Florida on the West Coast reminds me a bit of Princeton if we were to have a beach. Sigh. When I came back, I noticed the massive change in scenery. The colors, smells and oh boy, the pollen on everything! So Spring is here which inspired me to share my 5 faves of Spring:
1. Pedicures! I do this at Princeton Day Spa. My family favorite. They make me feel fabulous and help me avoid wearing closed toe shoes on a hot day. Town Topics recently wrote a story which you can read here.
2. Dining al fresco. We need more places in town to do this but my old standbys for outside eating – Mediterra & Witherspoon Grill. You can also do this at The Peasant Grill in Hopewell and Main Street Cafe at the Princeton Shopping Center. My fave is the fresh lunches at Nassau Street Seafood where you can casually sit on the tables outside. Blackend any-fish is delish. You can always grab something in town and park yourself at a table near the library.
3. Kids can be outside. We have a many awesome parks for kids but my favorite is Hopewell’s park. If you have kids and are looking for places to go, check out Princeton Kids for a list of parks and things to do.
4. Seedling Care! We grew an awesome garden last year and are doing it again. Thanks to my hubby’s green thumb we are off to a great start. Luckily my sister didn’t kill our plants while we were away on vacation. (Thanks) These will go in the ground in a few weeks. We bought all organic seeds from Rosedale Mills on Rt 31 in Pennington. Great selection and last year the veggies we grew from them were very hardy.
5. Road trips and outside festivals. This weekend kicks off Communiversity in Princeton and Shad Fest in Lambertville. Hopewell’s Drag Night is tonight (Friday 4/29) and Hillbilly Hall is hosting a BlueGrass festival on May 1st. Some others to take the kiddies: Waldorf School May Fair and Pennington Day both on May 14th.
Spring has sprung!
Do you have any other local Faves of Spring? We would love to hear from you. Just click the bubble to comment and share! Enjoy the sun.