Looking for something to make with those blueberries you just picked? Forget pie, try a Blueberry Mohito. This is a refreshing summer cocktail that you can enjoy from farm to cocktail shaker.
1. Make Simple Syrup.
In a small saucepan combine 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil then simmer for about 3-4 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved. Let it cool and store it in a glass container like a Mason Jar. This will keep for about 1 month in your fridge. For the summer this a perfect way to sweeten any cocktail or iced coffee or teas.
2. Gather your ingredients
- 12 mint leaves, 10 for the drink and 2 for garnish
- 12 Blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Simple Syrup
- 1 shot of White Rum
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 ounces of Seltzer
3. Gently Muddle. In a cocktail shaker add mint leaves, blueberries and simple syrup. With a wooden muddler, gently twist downwards a few times to break up the mint and mash up the berries. Try not to overdo it. If you smell mint you are done.
4. Fill the shaker with ice, add the rum and lime juice and shake.
5. Strain into your favorite glass, and top it off with Seltzer. Gently sir with a straw and garnish with 2 mint springs.
Sip & Enjoy…